Home

Tudor Games Main Site  

Go Back   Electric Football Archive > Electric Football > From The Stands

From The Stands This forum is where you can get to know more about the people that make up the Electric Football community. Feel free to discuss anything, and get to know your neighbors.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:29 PM

December 25, 1971

12/25/71 while the Dolphins- KC Chiefs "Longest Game" 2OT playoff, was on TV: That's when I first played Electric Football at the age of 10. I was hooked, and my younger brother was as well(he was 6).

I kind of dropped out of EF, in High School, got married, kids, work, etc., until my wife and I were at a community garage sale 25 years ago(early 80's), and someone had a Tudor Super Bowl IV(Colts-Cowboys) for $3! I had relapsed!

Since then, I have been an avid solitaire player, I have 25 teams(both light and dark uni's), and 3 large plastic storage totes to store my gear in. I bought 2 more boards on Ebay a few years ago. I am the Comissioner, of the "Second Street EFL"(hence the handle, ssefl)

I lost my wife to cancer last year, but she was one who "fed" my EF "addiction", buying me teams, bases etc., for presents. I miss her, but playing always reminds me of good memories.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:11 PM

Stand Tall.

That is a story of life, in the EFL I believe there must be many stories like yours. We lost our Son in 13 and he would put up with me and when he had the time play a game now and then with me and your right you must have a very understanding wife or it's a good bet there would be little or no EFL in the house. But for me getting the game back out after losing our son of 29 years was a hard thing to do and but after playing a game or two I can hear him saying "Now Dad you know you did not hit that guy". Finding this site at the same time is very calming for me. When I am playing my sol games, all is right with the world and as old as I am, that's ok too..
Old 02-20-2015, 08:21 PM

Great Stories

Great Stories, guys. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:57 PM

That's kind of how it was with me. I spent the last year "being serious", helping my wife, as she went thru chemo(for 13 months), while working full time. I had put off most everything enjoyable(including EF).

When it was over, and the sympathetic friends, family, went back to their lives, I kind of took solace in digging out my Tudor #600(Bears-Pats Super Bowl Set, I also have a old #500 too) and playing thru a 16 team tournament(I'm down to the final four as I write)

My Wife loved hobbies, and collectables herself, so there was no problem with me playing, and a few times she played me as well. We were married 31 years, and together for nearly 35.

I am sorry for the loss of your son, I have 2 myself. Sometimes, it's the little things in life that help us cope. God Bless you